Our vaccine policy follows the schedule outlined by the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) and the AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics)
Please click here for our vaccine policy.
Medical Records Policy
Please click here for our medical records policy.
We understand unplanned issues arise once you have scheduled an appointment with us. We respectfully ask that you notify us at least 24 hours in advance otherwise you may be subjected to a $25 cancellation fee. This policy will allow us to open our unused appointments in a timely manner to better serve the needs of all of our patients. Thank you for your understanding. Effective April 1, 2021
If you are more than 15 minutes late for a well-child visit, you may have to reschedule for another day/time.
If you are more than 15 minutes late for a sick visit, we will do our best to work you back into the schedule; however, there may be a wait.
At this time we do not have walk-in times, please call our office (617) 471-3411 to schedule an appointment for you child to be seen.
Our practice prides itself on efficiency through use of technology. We encourage you to consult our website, register for and use our patient portal, MyChart. Once activated, it will allow you to participate in Telehealth medicine, communicate with the office, receive appointment reminders, and access other important information.
We work hard to provide comprehensive medical care and serve as your medical home. To that end, we expect that you contact our office FIRST before seeking specialty care, or heading to another provider for urgent care. We want to be involved in either providing care in our office where appropriate, or referring you to the most appropriate specialist and helping to coordinate your care. Whenever you do see a specialist, we ask that you request a report to be sent directly to our office so we may stay informed and have the most up-to-date information in your medical record.
Visits may be scheduled with a nurse for immunizations and occasionally for lab draws if approved/ordered by one of our providers. All other patient evaluation requires a visit with a provider.
After Hours Phone Calls
Please limit calls after hours to emergency questions only. All routine and non-urgent calls should be directed to the office during regular office hours. There is a dosage chart for Tylenol & Motrin click here for this chart.
We are happy to fill out forms that you may need for your child that require a provider signature. However, HIPAA laws prevent us from being able to fax them to your child’s daycare, camp or school. Please allow up to 7 business days.
After Hours/Weekend & Holiday Charges
Hours outside of 8am-5pm M-F may incur additional charges.
ADHD/ADD Follow Up & Refills
- Most ADHD/ADD medications (Concerta, Vyvanse, Adderall, Focalin, and Ritalin) are controlled medications. Standing refills are not legal on controlled medications. They cannot be phoned in to the pharmacy or sent electronically; they require a paper prescription.
- Only your child’s primary care physician will authorize refills or new prescriptions for a controlled medication.
- In order to avoid any lapse in prescription, it is important to request a refill from your child’s PCP one week prior to when it is needed.
- Any child who is on ADHD/ADD medications is required to follow up in the office with their primary care physician every at least every 3-6 months; more often if they are encountering difficulties.
- Changes in medication or doses may require an office visit.
- Our office policy is that a parent or legal guardian with appropriate ID is required to pick up medication.
In accordance with all applicable State and Federal Laws, Crown Colony Pediatrics does not discriminate against patients on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or sexual orientation.